This blog is for Communication among Marines and people interested in the Marines. The 10 is for Communications. The Photo above is Marble Mountain, Danang, Vietnam.

Feb 11, 2011

M-16 Versus AK-47

The two most common assault rifles in the world are the M16 by the United States military and its variants, and the  AK-47. These were the weapons we and the Communists used in Vietnam.


Click here to read a comparison of the two weapons.




In Vietnam I had a small short version of the M-16. Marines did not have this rifle. It was kicked off a helicopter after a Medevac of an Army unit. My predeccessor on Hill 327 got the rifle and passed it onto me. I gave it to an Army truck driver when I left country. I never took a photo of it, but it looked something like the photo below.







No comments:

Post a Comment